Spring Trends for 2013
Spring Trends for 2013 Here I sit, writing about the Spring Trends for 2013 with a few inches of snow outside my window on this snowy and freezing cold January Monday afternoon. Ooh, even those words 'January & Monday' make me feel melancholy. Perhaps if I think hard about Spring and type about it - it will come faster? I do hope so, snow and general coldness are not my favourite times of year so let's all think SPRING and what fashion we can wear when it starts to get warmer.
As usual there are a zillion trends for the new season and you just have to try and pick the right ones for you. Trends to choose from are; white broderie anglaise or lace, metallics, geometric prints and stripes, suits, skirts with enormous splits in them, nouvelle Japonisme, slouchy/sports luxe and frills! So I'm going to start off by giving a small selection of new-in the highstreet as it is January and we are all saving our pennies to get started on some of the New Spring Trends:
1) Get in early with the metallics trend and get this Restrain skirt from All Saints for your January/February nights out. Wear with a black tailored jacket and plain black t-shirt and the open toe boots below.
2) New-in open toe black 'Manifest' boots from All Saints
3) Lace was everywhere on the catwalk and Zara have a big choice of lace blouses - here is one and a total bargain at £17.99. Wear with jeans, boots and until the sun shines the chunky cardi below
4) Wear the delicate lace blouse above with this chunky cardigan from Topshop in rich burgandy
5) Reiss are always spot on with their suiting and as both suits and white are 'in' for Spring I have chosen these. Very flattering shape for most people worn with very high heels and a contrasting tailored jacket perhaps in boucle to mix-up texture or with a leather bomber and floral blouse.
6) And finally, more to illustrate the trend than suggest you go and buy these (£545 from Matches Fashion), these silk joggers are a beautiful example of the sports luxe trend. Wear with strappy high-heels and a broderie anglaise top and look gorgeous!
So there you go, the shops are still quite awash with the crappy sales items but some new season things are coming and hopefully, so is Spring...