Wedding Outfits and Summer Party Dresses
Dresses that will work for both a Wedding AND a Summer Party this year!
It has been absolutely AGES since my last post, in fact it was snowing when I wrote it. I haven't been resting or anything, or holidaying (I WISH), my long absence from blog-land was spent very busily shopping for S/S13 and organising wardrobes for my client's. Also I have been managing major work on my home and having to move the family out to rented accomodation while the work was done. All very disruptive really but hopefully things are now back on a more even keel and I have a new kitchen - happy days! :).
Now that most of my Spring/Summer shops and wardrobe re-organisation has been fulfilled I have been concentrating on finding the elusive perfect party dress and wedding outfits. So many of my clients now want a dress for a wedding they can wear again at another event so for this blog I have focussed on versatile dresses that will see you through the summer wedding and party season.
When looking for these special outfits people know it is the perfect chance to ramp up the style stakes and really show your personality. People want to appear stylish (we all admire the most stylish) but also look to look unique. A lot of boxes to be ticked there and sometimes you can't find a dress that is going to do all of those things for you, however fear not - this selection of boutique, designer and high-street dresses should inspire.
1) First of all I always find something fabulous at Anthology Boutique in Wandsworth. If you go onto Facebook and 'like' the page 'Anthology Boutique' https://www.facebook.com/AnthologySW18, you can see the whole Spring/Summer 13 collection up there in albums.
This is one of my favourites by Wondaland, the navy lace prairie dress - not an obvious choice for a wedding I know because of it's dark colour however, navy is very elegant and you could team it with a bright 70's style floppy hat or put a giant gold or bright pink flower in your hair and bright nails. This dress can certainly be rolled out for any summer drinks party too - useful if you haven't quite managed to tan your legs yet on the Costa Del Sol :).
2) There is no getting away from lace in the shops but you could be in danger of matching the bridesmaids if you opt for one of the sugary pastels. This one from DVF at Harvey Nichols is a gorgeous deep wine colour and sexily fitted to show off body lines. This is a good choice if you are not a boho babe and prefer a more classic and glam grown-up look. This one could easily be worn to other events after the wedding season.
3) Next we are back on the high-street to Jigsaw . They have this gorgeous flapper dress - perfect for the Great Gatsby look! Wear with this off-white tailored blazer to balance the look and make sure you don't look like you've raided a dressing-up box and whip it off later to shimmer and shine.
4) Next is this AMAZING Alexander McQueen dress. This is a total show stopper and again could be worn to either a wedding or a summer party. At a wedding put a large black flower in your hair and gold or silver shoes and tone it down for a party with a summer jacket and black heels.
5) Finally my choice is this lace insert Erdem Dress from Matches Fashion. This is another absolute head-turner and would be in your wardrobe for years, it is also incredibly flattering and would give you a beautiful sillouette. The neon pink colour adds to it's WOW factor and makes it wedding appropriate but the black makes it classy and keeps it lady like. I could go on, this is a great dress!
That is my run-down of the top dresses that work for both weddings and other parties to make sure you look incredible AND get many more wears from the same dress.