Best party pieces from my three favourite highstreet shops
Party pieces from my three favourite highstreet shops, Topshop, Whistles and &Otherstories. They have the best party pieces and the best clothes that suit my kind of style. My usual daytime style is dressing for comfort without looking like I don't care or 'relaxed-casual' if you will. Practical clothes, easy outfits and the odd bit of tailoring and I'm happy. At Chrimbo though I can't bloody wait to ramp it up and get some glamour on! If you can't pull out the stops at Christmas when can you? I want to look presentable when I'm often hungover so a bit of metallic and sparkle and I'm sorted.
Here are some of the best items from aforementioned shops. Just a little note before I start - a leather biker jacket goes with EVERYTHING here, well worth getting one to finish your outfits. You can wear a big wool coat over it to and from whatever party you are heading to.
- Black lace off shoulder jumpsuit from Whistles - trendy option.
2. Whistles Mineral green (metallic would best describe it) pleated dress. THIS with a black leather over the top would be ace.
3. Whistles velvet dress. This is so beautiful and looks great on. I like it with the silver shoes or black ankle boots.
4. Whistles silver shoes. I always mention on my blogs that silver is a neutral and goes with everything so these will be handy!
5. Not a 'classic' festive outfit but I like the cheery stripes on this outfit - this is a skirt and top worn together so you could wear separately too and get more for your money.
6. Stars are still everywhere and I really like the mesh hem on this Topshop dress - only £60.
7. I've saved the best till last, all three of these count as my no.7 and make an outfit I will def be wearing this Christmas. You've got to make the best of what you have and for me it's my legs! I would wear with opaque of barely black tights and trusty black ankle boots.
Smart blazer - really handy item that would be good with jeans too.
Black ankle boots - absolute wardrobe staple!
The leather biker - a wardrobe staple. Sometimes black can be a bit harsh and a bit too 'biker!' so a soft grey biker would work better on some skin tones.
Lisa Gillbe is a personal shopper and stylist based in London. If you need help with your wardrobe get in touch for a chat.