January Jumper Dresses
January. The crappiest month of the year. I’m SURROUNDED by people doing dry January, I’ve got a sticking cold and it’s just generally hard to feel positive when you’re staring down the barrel of four more months of freezing weather. All we can do is pop some vitamin D, light the fire, feel at one with home and hearth (or light a scented candle!), wrap up warm and cut any friends doing dry January loose :).
Jumper dresses are super warm. They can give you a polished look really fast, are super comfy and are just so easy to wear. This item of clothing ticks a lot of boxes for me, easy being top of my list which is why I always gravitate back to jeans. Now what I don’t want, is to look like a frump so I strongly suggest not pairing a jumper dress with UGGS or you’ll basically look like granny. What I suggest is adding a leopard print belt, stiletto sock boots if you can handle heels, or if the jumper dress is shorter you could layer it over leather leggings and wear with ankle boots. They are fine on their own of course, that’s the beauty of them, dress them up or dress them down.
Massimo Dutti are leading the way with knitwear this season and particularly jumper dresses. This one is has a very relaxed look but is cashmere so will still look luxe.
2. Sticking with the relaxed look, this navy drawstring dress has a sporty vibe (see close-up below) so would work with trainers. As a trainer obsessive I’d wear this with my basic white Nike’s and layer a leather biker jacket over the top.
3. Moving on to Reiss who are generally quite classic in their designs and have some more fitted/smarter options in the collection. I love the sleeves on this one - also this is £80 reduced from £185!!! What a bargain.
4. This shape is good for straighter figures because the peplum will give shape and balance. Also good for people with broader shoulders for the same reason.
5. Moving on the the super-high-end-eye-wateringly expensive end of the scale! This gorgeous Isabel Marant cable knit dress at Matches Fashion. I’ve included this because it shows that when belted these dresses can look really cool as a winter outfit. Affordable option here.
6. Finally this Hush burgandy knitted dress is a very easy day-to-day option. I like that they’ve styled it here with edgy studded boots and a leopard print bag and I think it needs strong accessorising because ot is so plain. I’d like it with suede black pointed ankle boots too - or trainers!!
Some options to snuggle up in over the coming months until we see those crocus poking out the ground and celebrate Solstice (return of light). Can’t come too soon for me.
Lisa Gillbe is a personal stylist and image consultant based in London. She offers wardrobe decluttering and personal shopping services for professionals, creatives and entrepreneurs. Get in touch today if you’d like to discuss the services or to make a booking for 2019.